Monday 14 May 2007

Loving The Alien - An Absinthe Infused Poem

I fell…

Fell through the stars…

For a thousand years I waited…

Watching you come and go…

My world was unaffected…

As I watched you torture, maim and brutalise

I watched you pray for your sins…

Pray for the Heathens

Pray for Iraq

You believed in the strangest things….

You broke the sky in two….

You needed me…

I was the peace you never found…

The space you never cared to explore…

You thought of a different time.

A different space…

You put terror in another palm…

While I watched you come and go…

You all prayed your sins away….

You prayed the naked light would disappear

You prayed that you would split the heavens

You prayed you would win the rule

You prayed you would take it all

You believed in the strangest things

Until the brink of dawn…

Until the crash of light…

The end of night, the scream of day…

You didn’t realise you had always believed…

You needed me…

You loved the Alien…

No comments: