Saturday 25 August 2007

I was just watching a video about Christians. Not the Westboro God Hates Fags lot, no. The kind that encourage you to love you fellow man, neighbour, respect your parents, turn the other cheek etc.

Parts of the Bible have a pretty good message. True it is a message you could learn from countless other sources, but it's a good enough message anyway. However, there are parts of that book which are "absolutely fucking vile" (Keith Allen). Almost as vile as the people that preach them. See, there are parts in that book which are conveninetly glossed over time and again by the rulers of the facism of Christianity. Stuff like "Camel through the eye of a needle beofre a rich man gets into heaven." Yet there are plenty of people profitting off this ultra conservative hypocrisy. Or the serial adultary of many pastors and priests who just pray for forgiveness and are in. But everyone else has to pay to pray through them exclusively.

The denial of evolution is another one. A common argument is that "It is written in the Bible, which is the word of God, that this is what happened."And then reasonable scientists say "But there are X amount of reports which have been tested and backed up with empirical evidence to prove otherwise." And what's the reply? "Don't believe everything you read and hear."
Yes!
Don't believe everything you read! Where's your proof that evolution can't possibly be true? A book. Don't believe everything you read. Who was the book written by? Man. Who has translated the book? Man.

Another gloss over part is "For every one that cureses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death." And that's not all, borthers and sisters... Turn your Bible to Psalms; "Happy shall he be who taketh and dasheth the little one against the stones." Or killing anyone that works on a Sunday. Why are they now glossed over, when so many people get such sand in their fanny about "Though shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination." If I can't stick a cock up another guys ass, then I want to start stoning disobedient children to death and butchering Tesaco employees.

I think cancer was a punishment sent by God to teach a lesson to Christians and their families and their friends.



Vile statement isn't it? But no worse than when a sodomite, paedohpile preacher says that AIDs is a punishment for gays.

If I told you I could commune with an omnipotant, eternal bearded gorilla that floated about on clouds and I could commune with it from inside my head just be getting on my knees, closing my eyes and moving my lips, you'd think I was crazy. If I claimed I was "hearing his voice and feeling his guidance" you'd think I was schizophrenic. If I stopped coming into work every July because it was the month of rest - so dictated by an omnipotent Gorilla - not only would I be jobless, I'd probably be sectioned. Especially if I said it was okay to masscare anyone that worked during that time.

Mine's a monkey. The one that Christians pray to is "arguably the most unpleasent character in all fiction: Jealous - and proud of it - a petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloothirsty, ehtnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, phillicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." (Richard Dawkins)

It's a book. Full of contradictions, lies, half truths and hypocirisies.

Don't believe everything you read.

No comments: